George Bilan’s sculpture is situated in-between his preference for a monumental concept and an approach slightly decorative, gradually reinventing himself by accumulating experience from one exhibition to another. By frequently choosing complex themes, selected from the cultural sphere and reinterpreted accordingly, the artist appeals to various approaches. He prefers motifs of antique inspiration and finishing processes specific to classicism. These are adapted to a series of forms that are almost abstract. Beyond his uninterrupted searches for a style, the artist manages to impose his own style through the agency of a sensibility revealed rather through details and forms that generate an expressive fluidity, a fluidity that becomes also the mark of his art.
Andra Miruna Stancu (Mirela Dăuceanu)
? - ? - National University of Fine Arts, Sculpture Department, Bucharest, with professor Adrian Pârvu.
2010 - Repoussé, "Basil" Gallery, Bucharest, Romania;
2011 - Poetry and Volume, "Basil" Gallery, Bucharest, Romania;
2012 - Retrievals, sculpture solo exhibition, "Ionel Perlea" UNESCO Cultural Centre, Slobozia, Romania.
1996 - Exhibition of Young Artists from Bucharest, Romania;
2011 - Contemporary Approaches, itinerant exhibition in 10 different cities of Romania;
- Autumn' s Colors, "Elite Prof Art" Gallery, Bucharest, Romania;
- Old and New Bucharest, "Elite Prof Art" Gallery, Bucharest, Romania;
- Graphic Arts and Sculpture Exhibition, Galeria Elite Prof Art, București, România;
- Traveling Around the World, "Elite Prof Art" Gallery, Bucharest, Romania;
2012 - Significant Personalities of Romanian Spirituality - BALCIC, National Museum of Old Maps and Books, Bucharest, Romania;
- Contemporary Approaches 5, National Art Salon, Art Gallery of Romanian Fine Arts Union, Ploiești Branch, Romania;
- BALCIC - the eternal challenge, "Ionel Perlea" UNESCO Cultural Centre, Slobozia, Romania;
- Waves, Romanian Maritim Museum, Constanța, Romania;
2012 - Variety in Art, international exhibition with artists from Quebec, Canada.
1985 - 1989 - he participates to many art camps organised in Romania.
Awards and Prizes:
2011 - Winner of Cherchez la femme contest organised by DANA Art Gallery, Romania.
* He participates to many sculpture solo and group exhibitons organised in Romania.